Saturday, February 6, 2010

Lupelotto, THE RULES

thought it was time to 'splain the rules a little better.....I'm just sayin'.

First, Lupelotto came about as a result of me gettin' completely disgusted with the way my sewing room was lookin'....that was back last fall.  I really didn't want to give half-completed projects to Goodwill since I knew no one in that receiving department would have the dimmest idea or appreciation of my works-in-progress.  I also didn't want to send them to the landfill, never to be seen again...just doin' my tree-huggin' part.  So, I came up with the idea to hold drawings for those projects via my FB page.  The whole notion was to finish projects and offer 'em up to folks that would maybe, just maybe be glad to get them.

Lupelotto got it's name from an instance where my dad told my mom that I wasn't Bettepat.  He insisted that I was Lupe Gonzalez.  Go figure.  I liked it.  Lupe for the front end....lotto for the back end because it's a lotto of sorts.  Plain and simple.

There is no money involved.  I write a blog.  I  pose a question. If you want to enter the drawing, you must answer the question in the comments section.   Now that I have a blog place, entries/responses will be taken in the comments section of that blog entry (as opposed to the previous FB entries).  You won't hurt my feelins' if you thing what I'm offerin' up is tacky...or stupid....or otherwise not your cup of tea.  Sometimes the prizes are pretty darn good.  Sometimes they are less than stellar.  Sometimes the  prizes are things I used and I'm tired of them.  Sometimes I'll make a project just for Lupelotto.

That's about all the rules.  'Cept that you will need to give me your mailing address if you win.

Today's prize is a tote bag I've used travelin' to and fro many a sons' activities.  It's my favorite color....pink.  I need something I favor to give away today because yesterday wasn't so hot...but that's the next blog entry-probably tomorrow.....and that will be the story of the Walmart Lady at the quilt shop.....oh, MY SWEET BEEJEEBERS!

All you need to do is to tell me what your favorite color is.....pretty easy!

Winner announced Monday, February 8....probably before I have my root canal at 10:30am....I'm NOT just sayin'!




12 comments:

  1. I love blue, but Karmyn LOVES pink!!! :) And you know we both LOVE your bags! :)Kathi B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job explaining the rules, Bettepat! Since I have very little crafty talent, but a lot of interest and admiration, I am very into your Lupelotto!
    My favorite color is any and all shades of blue, but also love the pink/purple family. Looking forward to your stories! Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  3. PINK PINK PINK!
    Lisa Von Spreecken

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red is my color of preference but I'm a summer and get lots of compliments when I wear pink! :)
    Renai

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love how blue (usually royal) and orange complement each other. Of course I am partial to orange (you know why!), and when you put it with blue it just makes me happy!
    Susan Shea

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like blues and purples.
    Karen S.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love yellow for the yellow rose of Texas and since my sweety gets me one for every year we've been married ....too bad he startted giving them to me when we dated now he is stuck for life ..haha
    I also like Pink since my mother is a Breast cancer survivor ....10 yrs yea!! AND i'M A PINK HATTER...Have a good day Bettepat

    ReplyDelete
  8. You never cease to amaze me with your writing! Love to read and laugh! My favorite color is yellow. Jean G

    ReplyDelete
  9. Only 1, huh? Then it's gotta be green.
    2nd runner up deep red
    3rd place yellow
    4th would be champagne--the color and the beverage

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite color really is pink!!!!It's Ainsleigh's favorite too!!! Debbie
    P.S. Good luck on your root canal!!! Britnye's gotta have one to on the 15th I think

    ReplyDelete
  11. all colors depends on my mood,, but it looks like margot to me caryn

    ReplyDelete